PsillyRabbits
Rooted
Hello Pheno hunters. Many of you know me and how long my post can be. I apologize for the wall of text. I just like to paint the whole picture.
After collecting seed with known variegated lineage I started hunting. No luck right out of the gate, but I'm not letting a 140+ pheno hunt go to waste — launching a side quest.You can see the start of my hunt on Overgrow.
122 hybrid Bodhi F1s (Variegated Soulmate X Mutant Black Lotus) - (@Coconuts)
12 "The White" Variegated Cut BX1 - (@Dr.Flamingoz)
10 Divine Lemonade - (@Annunaki Genetics)
Approximately 20% of the F1 Bodhi hybrids show signs of "variegation" but appears the gene isn't independent of "the crinkles."
-
In my search to understand what exactly I am working with I have probed GePeTo for keywords that I think have helped me understand what I'm working with:
"Pleiotropic Gene: When a single underlying genetic mutation controls multiple, seemingly unrelated physical traits. Here, the chlorophyll mutation also drives the uneven cell growth rates that cause leaf clawing and twisting."
In this case Variegated technically means Chimeric Plastid.
Plastid Mutant: Means some chloroplasts inside the cells have a mutation that stops them from producing normal green chlorophyll.
Nuclear (Non-Chimeric) Variegation: The mutation sits in the nuclear DNA rather than the chloroplasts, causing uniform pattern expressions like "marbling" across every cell.
Since I'm not getting clean nuclear variegation on its own yet, I’m taking the side quest to make some Crinkle S1s and Fem F2s.
-
"True"Variegation sits on the back burner but i will start stacking this recessive mutant on the other two lines to increase seed count for future PHeno hunts.
The 24 mutants are sitting around day 60 under 19/5 and starting to show pre-flowers.
half the 24 are running at a noticeably slower, "dwarf" pace. A few of them are looking really pretty, so I’ll knock up the best one. But the pollen donor used to make all S1s/ Fem f2s will be selected for normal growth rate and higher vigor to prevent any dwarf bottle necking.
Not saving any bohdi males this round—I still have 100+ beans in the vault for a reg donor later.
For now, it's all about picking the most visually striking crinkle phenos and making some selfed / feminized stock to work with.
-
Please feel free to comment i am here to share my hobby/passion with an audience. I would love nothing more than interaction and to be schooled the way.
I have a tun of pictures but cannot figure out how to imbed them into my post. Copy and past makes them huge and insert image gives me a "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link" message.
After collecting seed with known variegated lineage I started hunting. No luck right out of the gate, but I'm not letting a 140+ pheno hunt go to waste — launching a side quest.You can see the start of my hunt on Overgrow.
122 hybrid Bodhi F1s (Variegated Soulmate X Mutant Black Lotus) - (@Coconuts)
12 "The White" Variegated Cut BX1 - (@Dr.Flamingoz)
10 Divine Lemonade - (@Annunaki Genetics)
Approximately 20% of the F1 Bodhi hybrids show signs of "variegation" but appears the gene isn't independent of "the crinkles."
-
In my search to understand what exactly I am working with I have probed GePeTo for keywords that I think have helped me understand what I'm working with:
"Pleiotropic Gene: When a single underlying genetic mutation controls multiple, seemingly unrelated physical traits. Here, the chlorophyll mutation also drives the uneven cell growth rates that cause leaf clawing and twisting."
In this case Variegated technically means Chimeric Plastid.
Plastid Mutant: Means some chloroplasts inside the cells have a mutation that stops them from producing normal green chlorophyll.
Nuclear (Non-Chimeric) Variegation: The mutation sits in the nuclear DNA rather than the chloroplasts, causing uniform pattern expressions like "marbling" across every cell.
Since I'm not getting clean nuclear variegation on its own yet, I’m taking the side quest to make some Crinkle S1s and Fem F2s.
-
"True"Variegation sits on the back burner but i will start stacking this recessive mutant on the other two lines to increase seed count for future PHeno hunts.
The 24 mutants are sitting around day 60 under 19/5 and starting to show pre-flowers.
half the 24 are running at a noticeably slower, "dwarf" pace. A few of them are looking really pretty, so I’ll knock up the best one. But the pollen donor used to make all S1s/ Fem f2s will be selected for normal growth rate and higher vigor to prevent any dwarf bottle necking.
Not saving any bohdi males this round—I still have 100+ beans in the vault for a reg donor later.
For now, it's all about picking the most visually striking crinkle phenos and making some selfed / feminized stock to work with.
-
Please feel free to comment i am here to share my hobby/passion with an audience. I would love nothing more than interaction and to be schooled the way.
I have a tun of pictures but cannot figure out how to imbed them into my post. Copy and past makes them huge and insert image gives me a "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link" message.
Last edited:

