Is this a freeze dryer? Or does it work like a dry cabinet?
It doesn’t use heat only air. It’s its own sealed environment that is constantly measuring humidity and moving the air to control it. At least that’s how I understand it. They even make rooms you can dry and cure in. Those are obviously for commercial applications unless you have the bread to do it for a home, smaller scale grow.Is this a freeze dryer? Or does it work like a dry cabinet?
get yourself some
1.heavy duty hooks for the walls/area you can dry your material , make sure they are ethier connected to direct wood or def make sure those hooks are glued and secured properly. Nothing worse is coming into a room and your buds are all on the floor
2. heavy grade wire + hook connected to it ( I use bulls 1000+lb rated wire, I’ve seen pictures of people using too wimpy wires and for outdoor wet buds ... bent their wire and def something I suggest don’t be blind to)
3.use clothes hangers and put your multiple pieces of plant or place the plant as whole onto the wire and label themcl0thes hanger or stem what it is ( don’t remove any leafs,more time in room. And light = damage on quality and a very vulnerable time for terps and cannabis quality
4. Put your cash into environment control and proper monitoring of the whole process so if something Is off, you can correct it before it ruins or degraded your whole work.
For monitoring for the grow cycle and process and cure, get yourself a pulse environment controller. control what times and what ranges from temp,RH, pressure, VPD light % and can alert you via email or text w/e anything goes over and also no subscription required. Their software is awesome and I would say def in my top best investments for any grow room or dry room. game changer!
for environment control, if your dry room is having fluxes of too high of rh and or too low (you want to be at 60% rh) if Your cash is willing to spend 7k on a small scale and really nothing fancy, I would suggest a commercial level dehumidifier ,humidifier if needed. Def one of the best things I invested in to make sure everything is on point
best under 500L dehumidifier out there, mines 5+ years old and love it even more than the 155, 105 for 500 watts!
6. commerical fan ( it’s always good to have movement of air in room but never have the air directly hitting the buds while drying
cost ya 100-200 a fan and you xan easily supply a fairly big room movement
+ hvac or ”OD/winter” cooling , meaning I would invest in a good rated hvac because during growing ( last two weeks) and also while drying, you need to be under 70f to keep your quality under Control . a lot of big guys even keep their bud and dry in fridge level after cure to preserve and make ultra smooth. Key is to be above 32f ( otherwise that’s for extract )
by term “artificial hvac” or “OD air” if in cold area and can intake under 70f, have a hepa Filter + ducting + Inline + temp controller = for a super cheap alt to hvac have a artificial hvac and use that cold air from non grow room as a Allie vs spending all that cash on hvac for pushing temps to 70f and under .
if needing a good suggestion for hvac on hobby level and not huge soft commerical great DIY mini split suggestion ( plus for 50o bucks less u can get it installed by a pro for 500 bucks cheaper) , 24k heat and cooling for 2k, over 100+ wholesalers and great reviews. Love mine!
a cool feature is you can schedule your times of heat,cooling and music for w/e times u want, so if you have a grow room that gets to cold for w/e reason , have the a/c turn from a/c option to heat at “night cycle” and a diff temp, I got my “on cycle” on a/c and turn on at 85f and off cycle for heat at 70f
The MRCOOL DIY24HPWM230C25 is a single zone mini split that offers 24,000 BTUs of heating and cooling for 1,000 sq. ft. Free Shipping. Shop now at Sylvane.www.sylvane.com
as a side note, to also make your grow room/process and cure 100% no voc, virus & molds eliminated in air would and make your rooms lab grade and clean.
AiroClean can be quickly and easily retrofitted into most all facilities to handle Botrytis treatment. Call us today at 844-247-3913!www.airoclean420.com
not only would you have your grow room setup commerical level, you could dry way more, in order to put buds in that grow cure box it would have to be semi trimmed and I def disagree with wet trimming and using time to be in light ( hints why so many fruit or many ag harvest at night or process and cure in similiar conditions )
7. when to harvest =After stems ” crackle ” but don’t break entirely (10-30 days drying) after 10th day start to do the stem crackle bending test every 1-2 days and you’ll def know when to take em down, even a few days extra if you don’t test and see when is best. You xan def degrade your terps by just a few days even in a good rh and airflow room and in the dark.
8. After the crackle, now the “process and cure“= Put your buds as a stem form ( meaning leaving a handle ) instead of cutting right where it would be final product, why? = because you wanna hold the stem and be able to trim it without ever touching it, i suggest using a nail magnifier with light on it that go on your head and you can easily use the tip of your scissors and go under the leaf and never damage your trich heads. Cost ya 20 bucks and they are rechargeable , they last a lot of hours before needing to replace the batteries.
too many people cut their buds without having stem to work and also put it into a jar, man that’s a lot of burping And also they leak…
a great suggestion no matter if growing 1 plant to w/e amount is use plastic food grade + gamma seals, for non commercial growers I would suggest going with a 5 gal food grade and gamma seal, cost ya around 10 bucks a “bucket”. Doing this you can process and cure in A bigger container before final container (or leave it in there after )
plastic buckets and gamma seal vs glass shows buckets are better for example more durable, lots of area to have em, always try to keep all storage 75% full vs 100% and burp the bucket after the 3rd day in the bucket for 7 days . Make sure to pick food grade buckets
GAMMA SEAL LIDS LOW AS $5.80 EACH. GAMMA LID, GAMMA2 LID, GAMMA SEALS, GAMMA2, GAMMA BUCKET LID, GAMMA SEALS WAREHOUSE DIRECTGAMMA SEAL LIDS. LOW AS $5.80 EACH. GAMMA2. GAMMA SEALS WAREHOUSE DIRECTfreckleface.com
next thing you need to preserve perfect rh from off the line to in bucket is have yourself a good humidity pack (68 gram & 62% rh is my pref)
Integra Boost Humidiccant by Desiccare uses a patented technology that releases or absorbs moisture, maintaining relative humidity in a contained environment at or about 62% relative humidity. Each individually wrapped Desiccare Integra Boost packet includes a replacement indicator card, when...growershouse.com
9. “burping” wait 3 days after material is in the bucket in a dark, cool area. Every day after the 3rd, while being in the dark. have the bucket exposed and open for 30min-1hr. To know when your material is finalized and does not have too much moisture is to have a digi rh meter and let it sit in the bucket and check after a few minutes to see how far it is off from what desired (58-62% rh)
Burping is all about removing moisture and replenishing oxygen in your curing jars. Click here to learn how to burp your buds for the best smoke ever.www.zamnesia.com
10. Trim it , I prefer to use a trim bin ( I didn’t think it was worth it till first day it payed for itself in hash)+ head mounted magnifiers to guratee perfect ability to never damage my bud and not be slow. 3o bucks life saver
Amazon productThe TrimBin by Harvest-More is the premier trim tray on the market. Sturdy and ergonomically designed, Trim Bin allows for stress-free trimming sessions and high yields. Trim Bin is easy to carry and simple to clean and will keep your scene organized and efficient.growershouse.com
misc videos to explain a few things or give example